Review of the year – our 2023 highlights
2023 was charity’s busiest year on record
- We’ve helped 6,359 clients so far this year – meaning it is our busiest year on record, with 20% more clients than last year
- We’ve also seen many more cost-of-living related problems than we did prior to Covid – with more than 250 issues in the month of October compared to an average of less than 100 prior to the pandemic
- We continued to deliver top-quality advice despite the increasing demand – achieving a green (good) marks in the Local Performance and Quality Framework (LPQF) overseen by national Citizens Advice
Growing our team in 2023
- We’re very grateful to be taking on an additional six Volunteers this winter – thank you and welcome to the team one and all
- We’ve also launched new projects including When Advice Really Matters (WARM) which links with health services in the region – the Aviva-funded progamme providing remote delivery of advice and the Ingeus-funded project which provides advice to people on probation. These are going well thanks to our newly-recruited Advisers
- We’ve also grown the Help To Claim team thanks to additional funding from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- We welcomed our new Chair of the Board of Trustees John-Paul Corry in March. J-P joins us at an exciting time as we move towards completion of our purchase of new offices at Badminton Court, Yate
Month-by-month – our calendar of 2023
We celebrated our Finance and Admin Manager Amanda’s 25-year anniversary of working with the charity with a party at our Yate HQ
The charity launched a new face-to-face session in Emersons Green as well as moving to a new venue for the weekly session in Thornbury. We were very grateful in April to receive an additional grant of £120,000 from South Gloucestershire Council to fund our advice services
The charity celebrated Volunteers Week with a “thank you“ event for our Advisers featuring awards such as “best laugh”, “morning cheerleader” and “funniest Adviser”. We also welcomed national Citizens Advice CEO Clare Moriarty to our office in Yate
We said goodbye to our Adviser Mike who volunteered with us for more than ten years. We held a leaving celebration at our office in Yate. Thank you Mike
Our runners Krystal and Maya took on the challenge of the Bath Half Marathon – raising a brilliant £783 for our charity between the two of them. We experienced our busiest month for cost-of-living-related issues on record – at more than 250 issues recorded for the month
Thank you so much for your support this year – from reading our newsletters to donating to our charity, you are helping us and we appreciate it.
We are proud of what we have achieved this year and believe 2024 will be even better.
Thank you for reading from all of the team at Citizens Advice South Gloucestershire!