Citizens Advice South Gloucestershire is looking for two Volunteers to work as receptionists at our office in Yate.
This is an important role which involves greeting clients and adding their details to our database.
The rewarding position will be of great help to our charity – which provides free, independent and confidential advice to anyone who needs it in South Gloucestershire.
The charity is particularly keen to encourage applications from people with a diverse range of backgrounds. This is especially the case for people from BAME backgrounds who are currently under-represented.
The service aims to provide high-quality advice to members of the public. It also aims to influence Governments and other organisations by informing them of the effect of their actions on the lives of clients.
Receptionists – Role requirements
The role involves:
- supporting our team of Advisers
- greeting clients and adding their details to our database for use by our Advisers
- adhering to Citizens Advice South Gloucestershire’s vision, mission and values which includes offering a free and confidential advice service
You will have:
- strong attention to detail
- IT competence (essential)
- a friendly, approachable manner
- respect for views, values and cultures which are different to your own
Applicants should be able to commit to one session per week lasting three hours (Monday or Friday) for at least six months. Full training will be provided.
To apply, please email Finance and Admin Manager Amanda Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for an application form.
The deadline for applications is 11.59pm on Sunday 3rd March 2024.
- In 2022-3, Citizens Advice South Gloucestershire helped 4,183 people with 19,625 issues. It saved clients a combined total of £3.8 million – that is the equivalent of £908 back in the pocket of each person it helped.
- Citizens Advice South Gloucestershire is a small, local and independent charity and does not receive funding from central government.
- Anyone in South Gloucestershire seeking free, independent, impartial and confidential advice from Citizens Advice South Gloucestershire can call 0808 278 7947.