Disability Form Adviser
Citizens Advice South Gloucestershire is looking for one Volunteer to work as a Disability Form Adviser.
This important position would mainly involve helping with Personal Independence Payment (PIP) forms.
The charity – which provides free, independent and confidential advice to anyone who needs it in South Gloucestershire – is increasingly seeing clients about PIP amid the ongoing cost-of-living crisis.
The charity is particularly keen to encourage applications from people with a diverse range of backgrounds. This is especially the case for people from BAME backgrounds who are currently under-represented.
The service aims to provide high-quality advice to members of the public. It also aims to influence Governments and other organisations by informing them of the effect of their actions on the lives of clients.
Disability Form Adviser – Role requirements
The role involves:
- Supporting clients by helping them complete disability forms
- This will mainly be PIP but could develop into other forms
- adhering to Citizens Advice South Gloucestershire’s vision, mission and values which includes offering a free and confidential advice service
You will have:
- An approachable, empathetic, friendly manner
- IT competence (essential)
- respect for views, values and cultures which are different to your own
Applicants should be able to commit to one session per week lasting three hours for at least six months. Full training will be provided.
To apply, please email Finance and Admin Manager Amanda Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for an application form.
The deadline for applications is 11.59pm on Sunday 3rd March 2024.
- In 2022-3, Citizens Advice South Gloucestershire helped 4,183 people with 19,625 issues. It saved clients a combined total of £3.8 million – that is the equivalent of £908 back in the pocket of each person it helped.
- Citizens Advice South Gloucestershire is a small, local and independent charity and does not receive funding from central government.
- Anyone in South Gloucestershire seeking free, independent, impartial and confidential advice from Citizens Advice South Gloucestershire can call 0808 278 7947.